Geek Girl Strong is teaming up with By Any Reads for our second Fangirl Walking Club event!
By Any Reads is a growing community that uses books, music, and film to learn about the Black experience, past and present. Open to a diverse audience, BAR explores the depths of Black culture in a way that allows us to be more informed about who we are, where we originated, and what we’re capable of accomplishing.
This month, just 4 days before Juneteenth, we will co-host a gender inclusive walking group making stops at Black-Owned, Co-op (community owned), and publicly operated bookstores/locations!
What to expect:
- Name stickers to make group introductions easier
- Walking recommendations and assitance if needed
- Time to explore our stops: Sister's Uptown and Revolution Books
- Finishing at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Walking 1.9 miles
- A map of our path
What to bring:
- Comfortable/appropriate walking shoes and clothing
Once a month through October, Geek Girl Strong will be hosting a donation-based walking group to and/or from geeky sites in the city! Make sure to sign-up for our newsletter and keep up to date.
All levels of walkers are welcome, including those with personal pronouns including he/him/his.
We'll be setting out rain or shine!